Mittwoch, 23. April 2014

Last Curtain

Osaka is the second biggest town of Japan. So exploring the city in just 2 days it´s impossible. But it´s very close to the temples of Nara, and for a Bob follower, that place definitely is a must! So the three of us made use again of our JR Pass and took the train to the holy place. A light rain was falling, but not disturbing at all. The Nara shrine is so impressive, you have to visit by yourself. Walking through the parks, always in touch with the wild deer running free under them trees. Peace and quietness that´s what it is. Finally entering the big shrine with a huge sitting BUDDHA inside. Even I am not a member of any of the big religions, as a free-minded man, my church is everywhere, this place has an influence of your mind for sure. You can feel it. Some kind of spirit. And Bob did perform here so many years ago, with the big philharmonic orchestra, what a concert, how I wish I would have been there myself. I watched in on TV of course ;-) In the shrine is a small hole in a pole. Julia was the only one of us who could get through. Later we found out, slipping through the hole gives you free entrance to Nirwana,lucky Julia, only slim people will be around there I guess :-D On our way out we met Graziella and Andrea, small world for Bobcats!
The first Osaka show was the best of this tour for me. But many others did feel the same, as I found out after the concert. As usual we gathered outside for some 30 minutes, having a drink and sharing impressions. Bob performed "Workingman Blues # 2" again, "Scarlet Town" top notch and bringing the fans on the left side of the stage into permant wohooo screaming while Bob addresses them after each verse. Slight lyric variations in "Tangled Up In Blue". His voice was so clear that night, Charlie did a great solo during "Love Sick". I got in quite early and found myself a place 3rd row left of the stage. It was funny there, because of these real japanese Bobcats always gathering at that point. But I decided to get to another spot for the second part, more to the right and not that much pushing. Row 6 or so was good enough for me. Well, so I wasn´t in the wohoo crowd during "Scarlet Town", you can´t have it all, right?! The tour seems to split the followers a bit. Most of the Bobcats are really nice fellows before it gets closer to showtime. Then a change is coming on: some of them, not all of them, change into maniacs who try everything to get to the rail, no matter how. But the japanese system is not the same as in Europe or the US. Those numbers on the tickets tell you when to enter. And so some of the followers getting mad because they had to take a spot behind. I am so thankful, that my friends are going the same calm way like I do. If we have a lucky number, we´ll be front of stage. And the tall one of us always stands behind the smaller guys. No problems at all. But as I said, some are different. But, don´t you judge as Alrik said. The good ones are still on the road together and will meet again in Europe in 2 months. Can´t wait actually. Since right now I´m still on the plane, window seat, looking down on Siberia, covered in snow and ice. I do have to fly back today, work is waiting at home, and so I miss the last Bob show in Japan. Too bad I missed the one last night, too. Couldn´t get a ticket, nearly no spare tickets available. But that´s how it is sometimes. You can´t win with a losing hand. Julia, Alrik, Tim, Che, Shiobhan, Masato, Federica, Graziella and Andrea, they will be there. Hope they´ll see a good show, what do I say? Of course they will have a flashing night again. It won´t be the same without me of course :-D I miss Japan already, I miss the Ramen noodle soup, the Sushi, the Bento-boxes, the Shinkansen travel, the Onsen, the Fuji, the little triangle rice snacks which I couldn´t unfold correctly until I was undergoing a description how to do it by Alrik and Julia. See the world with Bob again, a country I´d never been before, making new friends like Masato and Toshikazu. Lost in translation a little bit, but always found my way out of confusion. Arigato Japan, arigato to all my dear friends, hope to see you soon again, Europe is next, can´t wait!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen